Christopher Garnett OBE has held senior roles in the rail industry and in wider public service. He was Chief Executive and then Chairman of Great North Eastern Railway (GNER) as well as Vice President of parent company Sea Containers up until 2004.
On behalf of Isle of Wight Council, Christopher is currently chairing a transport taskforce reviewing the island’s existing service and making recommendations for the future.
Previous roles include:
- Chairman of the Association of Train Operating Companies (ATOC), 2001-2003
- Board Member of Transport for London
- Chairman of the Transport Coordinating Committee for the Rugby World Cup 2015
- Board Member of the Olympic Delivery Authority
- Non-executive Director of Anglian Water Services Limited
- Member of the National Railway Museum Advisory Board
- Trustee of the Windsor Leadership Trust, and
- Chair of the Transport Board for the UEFA Champions’ League Final in Cardiff.